Get your inner explorer out in the Peruvian Amazon Jungle
Our Wired Amazon Team is looking for nature lovers to join us during Science Season 2018. This is an incredible experience that combines staying in Peru’s most biodiverse Amazon jungle and working alongside scientists doing cutting edge research.
During March, we’ve got two weeks of Science Bootcamp specially designed for anyone looking for a hands-on field experience in the jungle. The bootcamp is great for anyone looking for an alternative spring break thru an amazon rainforest expedition and an experience that will last a life time.
By participating in our science field trips, you’ll get to:
- Stay in one of the most reknown amazon jungle lodge : Refugio Amazonas
- Work alongside our team of researchers as they work to discover new species, capture images of the Amazon canopy and set up camera traps to understand wildlife diversity and distribution.
- Attend lectures, guided hikes and share meals with leading Amazon researchers
- Learn and discover the Amazon with the people who have lived here and studied it for decades.
- Have a chance to experience all of our A la carte excursions, including all soft-adventure activities like hiking, kayaking, biking, canopy climbing, visiting the macaw clay-lick and much more.
This year we will offer two fixed departures to Refugio Amazonas Lodge. The spring break program is 6 days long :
- First departure: Leaving from Puerto Maldonado on March 12th to March 17th, 2018
- Second departure: Leaving from Puerto Maldonado on March 26th to March 31st, 2018
Take advantage of your spring break and visit the amazon jungle of Tambopata in this unique and incredible adventure!
Through our Wired Amazon program, you can earn Travel Credits to be applied towards your trip! How? You just need to help our researchers classify photos online. Register, and we will send you more information about how to do that.