March is Science Season at Rainforest Expeditions. Throughout the month of March, our lodges are packed with botanists, zoologists, entomologists, veterinarians - a diversity of biologists doing exciting field research in Tambopata. Year after year, they make new discoveries that increase our knowledge and understanding of the Amazon rainforest - but there is still MUCH to be discovered and understood! We invite you to join us during March, where, in addition to all our regular activities you have a chance to:
- Discover new species of beautiful and bizarre insects and get teh chance to name it.
- Help expand the Barcode of Life in the Amazon rainforest
- Set your own camera traps to capture images of elusive rainforest animals with AmazonCam Tambopata project
- Fly drones over the rainforest canopy to monitor giant Brazilnut trees with Aerobotany project
Fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
** This year we will offer two fixed departures to Refugio Amazonas Lodge with special rates : **
- First departure: Leaving from Puerto Maldonado on March 12th to March 17th, 2018
- Second departure: Leaving from Puerto Maldonado on March 26th to March 31st, 2018
Take advantage of your spring break and visit the amazon jungle of Tambopata in this unique and incredible adventure!
If you are not able to join our fixed departures to the amazon jungle, no problem! you can still join us the rest of the month!